SYNERGY IN MARRIAGE



How can I forget that impactful marriage seminar where I was one of the key speakers? I remember the seriousness in Mrs. Gaboa's face as she asked her questions. She turned to me and asked, "How can I become my husband's best friend?"
 
I could remember Mrs. Gaboa’s lamentation as she continued by saying, “My husband and I live as strangers in our house. Although he makes provisions available, that closeness and friendliness that we used to enjoy during our courtship period is no longer there. He makes decisions without carrying me along.”
 
I guess she felt free to express herself, thanks to the fact that her husband was not present in the meeting, unlike other couples who came to the meeting together.
 
“To be sincere with you, Pastor Gavin, I am a manager in the company where I work. My company has increased its profits and expanded into new markets thanks to my knowledge and experience. But you know what? At home, my husband rarely listens to me. Neither does he accept my suggestion, even when he knows that I am right.”
 
You could feel her pain as she spoke. And from the looks on some of the attendees' faces, you could tell that other women were having similar challenges. Some husbands also suffer the same thing from their wives.
 
“A lot of times he has been duped. He has been a victim of many business deals that have gone sour.” She continued. “There is one business deal where he lost more than seven million naira. I warned him, but he did listen. I had experience in that area of business he was going into, but he never welcomed my suggestions.”
 
“Pastor Gavin, how can one synergy with a spouse who does not see anything good in his wife save for sex and house chores?” She finally dropped the question.
 
There is a need for couples to work together. When couples learn to synergise together, they have more profit and conquer more territory.
 
It’s good to have good two eyes. However, if you have four eyes, it is far better because you will be able to see things from different perspectives. This is the benefit that comes with marriage. You are able to use your eyes and the eyes of your spouse to assess situations. You can bring in your expertise and the expertise of your spouse to handle situations.
 
You will be cheating yourself when you don’t take advantage of the wisdom and expertise of your spouse concerning a matter.
 
This is the undoing of many marriages. Husbands look down on their wives, while some wives are the ones looking down on their husbands. Everyone is just doing his or her thing. Forgetting that one will chase a thousand but two will put ten thousand to flight. This can only be achieved through intentional synergy between the husband and the wife to achieve every goal.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...